Please follow the below steps to submit your abstract:
- Click the blue ‘Submit Abstract’ button on the right hand side of the page to commence your submission.
- Abstract submissions will only be accepted via the Conference Website based on the guidelines mentioned below.
- You will be asked to create an account for the Conference. Please remember your password in case you need to access it again to make any changes to your submission.
- A verification email will be sent to you once an author account has been created. Note this can take up to an hour to receive. Please ensure you check your junk and spam folders.
- Once you have verified your email, please log in and click on the ‘Submissions’ tab at the top, followed by the ‘+ Submit Abstract’ sub tab.
- Fill in the selected fields, i.e. requested presentation type, paper title, email correspondence.
- Upload your abstract in a .doc or .docx format, following the format used in the abstract submission template.
- List all co-authors and presenter details along with yourself for the abstract.
- Select the themes applicable for your abstract.
- Tick the two permission questions listed at the end of the form.
- Click ‘Preview and Submit’. You will be able to preview your abstract before clicking the ‘Submit’ button to confirm your submission. If you wish yo make changes, you can click the ‘Cancel – Make Changes’ button’.
- You will receive a confirmation email along with your submitted abstract.
Submit Your Abstract
- Submission of Abstracts
- General Policies and Requirements
- Abstract Format Guidelines
- Notification of Acceptance
The Science on the Swan (SOTS) 2019 Scientific Program Committee invites the submission of abstracts for original work for consideration in the 2019 program.
|Abstract Deadline Dates|
|Deadline for Receipt of Abstract||15 March 2019|
|Authors Notified of Acceptance||28 March 2019|
|Author Registration and Early Bird Deadline||8 April 2019|
Requirements for the Submission of Abstracts:
- All abstracts must contain original work that has no prior ownership or copyright restrictions.
- An abstract must contain sufficient information so that if published it will be a complete report independent of presentation. The text should not contain statements alluding to results or conclusions not presented within the text.
- All abstracts must be prepared in the format specified in the format guidelines.
- The presenter will be required to register and pay for the Conference to ensure their abstract(s) are included in the final program, and the Conference Mobile App. Deadline for author registration of abstract submissions is at midnight Saturday 8 April 2019 (AWST).
- Do not resubmit an abstract for any reason other than a notified submission error. If you do not receive a submission confirmation email stating your abstract was successfully uploaded, please contact the Conference Managers.
- It is the responsibility of the submitting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly. Upon submission, the submitting author will be sent a confirmation email containing their abstract in PDF file. Authors must check the PDF file to ensure the document has been uploaded correctly.
Our abstract submission portal will format your abstract automatically. Authors are only required to upload the body of the abstract content in a MS Word document (i.e. doc. or docx. file). Please enter your details as per the prompts in the submission portal.
- Abstract must not exceed 300 words. The word limit relates only to the text of the abstract and does not include title, authors and institutions.
- Formatting is preserved (italics, bold, superscripting, subscripting, underlining) and symbol characters (ie ± , µ, ß) may be used.
- The title must reflect the content of the presentation.
- Abstract: Prepare a word document including only the body of the abstract content
- No images, figures and references are to be included in the abstract
- Standard abbreviations may be used for common terms only. Any abbreviation should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- Use single line spacing.
- Below are documents to assist you with your abstract preparation:
- Abstract Template
Once all fields have been entered and answered, you will be shown a final preview of your abstract. Upon confirmation, you will be sent a PDF copy of your submission however please use this opportunity to ensure your submission is accurate.
Notifications of acceptance will be sent via e-mail to the submitting author on the 28 March 2019.
The presenting author(s) will be required to register for the Conference in order to ensure their abstract(s) is included in the final program. Deadline for Presenting Author registration is 5 April 2019. Failure to do so may result in exclusion from the program.