Perth Airport is a modern facility approximately 20 minutes away from the Westin Perth and approximately half an hour from the centre of Perth. The international and domestic terminals are easily accessible by car, taxi and bus.
A taxi trip from the airport terminals to Perth City Centre will take 20 to 30 minutes. The journey will cost approximately A$30– A$50. All taxis are meter operated by time and distance and operate 24 hours a day. Taxis are easily accessible from the airport; there is a rank outside both the International and Domestic terminals.
You can also request a ride from Uber from either the Domestic or the International terminals of Perth Airport. Just request your Uber once you have exited the terminal and your driver will meet you at the pick–up area. A typical UberX (low cost ride) to Perth’s CBD costs A$25 – 34. For more information on Uber in Perth please see here.
Transperth operates regular bus services between Perth Airport, Perth City and other local centres. You can plan your journey on public transport using their Journey Planner. For up-to-date information about routes, rates and schedules, please contact Transperth.
There are also tourist buses called CAT (Central Area Transit). These buses stop at all the key tourist spots in and around Perth and also operate a free service. Find out more about the CAT buses here.
Restaurants in Perth draw on the surrounding produce-rich regions; seafood from Fremantle, gourmet goods from Swan Valley and fantastic wines from the Margaret River region. The city centre is also coming-of-age with a collection of Italian bistros, seafood restaurants and hip breakfast spots making their mark. But the jewel in Perth’s crown lies in its neighbouring suburbs where trendy professionals mingle at intimate cocktail bars, romantic restaurants and seek new opening restaurants.
For more information, click here.
Goods and Services Tax (GST)
All prices quoted in this brochure are inclusive of 10% GST (Goods and Services Tax), unless otherwise specified. GST applies to most goods and services in Australia.
Registration fees do not include insurance. It is strongly recommended that at the time you register for the Conference and book your travel you take out an insurance policy of your choice. The policy should include:
- Loss of fees/deposit through cancellation of your participation in the Conference or through cancellation of the Conference,
- Loss of international/domestic air fares through cancellation for any reason,
- Loss of tour monies through cancellation for any reason including airline or related services strikes within Australia,
- Failure to utilise tours or pre booked arrangements due to airline delay,
- Force Majeure or any other reason,
- Medical expenses (including sickness and accident cover),
- Loss or damage to personal property,
- Additional expenses and repatriation should travel arrangements have to be altered,
- Medical expenses.
The Conference Managers cannot take any responsibility for any participant failing to arrange their own insurance. This insurance is to be purchased in your country of origin.
The official language for the Conference is English.
Perth is 8 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time and does not operate daylight savings times.
Climate and Clothing
Perth’s climate tends to be a dry heat and you can expect the weather to be warm during the day and cool in the evenings.
- Autumn (March – May): 12 – 22ºC (53 – 72 ºF)
Generally, Australians are informal dressers. We suggest you bring a jacket and tie with you for special occasions. A jacket is recommended for evenings.
Please refer to the information on the social program for dress at social functions organised as part of the Conference.
Shops open from 0900 to 1730 hours during the week with late night shopping on Friday in Perth city until 2100 hours. On Saturday, most city shops open from 0900 to 1700 hours. On Sunday Perth city shops are open from 1200 to 1700.
The Conference Hosts and Conference Managers have arranged for photography onsite throughout the event. The images may be used for post-Conference reports, case studies, marketing collateral and supplied to industry media if requested. If you do not wish for your photo to be taken, please inform the photographer and move out of camera range.
Australia operates under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), as amended, and the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches), 2017. The objective of these is to protect the right of the individual to privacy of their information.
Europe operates under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. The GDPR aims primarily to give protection to citizens over their personal data. The legislation was adopted on 27 April 2016.
The Conference Managers comply with these legislations and are committed to protect the right of the individual to privacy of their information.
Arinex will not sell your personal information to third parties. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us and we will promptly correct the information. You may also withdraw your consent for use of your information by advice to us in writing.
Why do we wish you to provide your information?
We require your information to facilitate provision of information to you regarding the Conference and to facilitate your participation in the Conference. Information collected in respect of your proposed participation in any aspect of the Conference will be used for the purposes listed below. You can give or withhold your consent for each or all of these uses. Please indicate your preferences when completing your registration form but please note that we will be unable to forward any information relating to the Conference or to communicate with you regarding your registration if you select ‘no’ to point 1.
What we will do with your information?
- Planning and conduct of the Conference including arrangements for your participation (e.g. accommodation booking);
- In the Delegate List published for the Conference;
- May also be provided to organisers of future occurrences of this Conference;
- May be used to provide you with information of other relevant events in your area of interest.
- The parties who will have access to your information (subject to your preference selections on above points) are the Conference Managers, the Conference host organisation (points 1 and point 4), delegates, sponsors and exhibitors of the Conference (point 2) and any future organisers of the Conference (point 3).
The parties mentioned above will rely on your above consent indications for the purposes of compliance.
- You may withdraw your granular consent at any time by notice in writing to the Conference Managers.
- You are entitled to access the information held by written application to the Conference Managers.
For further information please see our detailed corporate Privacy Statement here.